That's how much change I have in my handy-dandy coin counter coin bank.
It's already second quarter of my sophomore year... In retrospect, time always flows faster. When you're living it, however, it seems to slow down exponentially.
In the coming new year, I've decided to actually make some resolutions: lose at least 50 pounds, exercise more, do at least one master study a month, do a full length children's book and illustrate it, among other things. I want to do more and I know I need to push myself to do it... because, let's face it. I'm much more at home sitting on the couch doing nothing but browsing the net all day... in moderation.
I always look back and think "I could have done more. I should have worked harder." And I always look to the future and don't listen to my past. I blind myself. I feel that that'll one day be the end for me -- but I have to take baby steps for it to work, huh? For now, I'll start with my list of stereotypical new year's resolutions and build up from there.
Speaking of losing weight, Atkins, while not as horrible as I thought it would be, has me a little nervous. Meghan (one of three roommates) has been looking to lose weight as well and joined me. Based on that delightful mechanical Wii Fit, she's lost four pounds since we started on Sunday. According to Wii Fit, I've gained half a pound. I know, I know, I shouldn't rely on a game to keep my weight in check. I really hope it'll work, however... because I'm tired of being the size that I am. If I trimmed off my hips, my abdomen and took a hunk off my thighs, I'd be happy as a clam and not care. That, however, is not the case. I do miss carbs... but I love cheese. It's a trade off I'm willing to make.
On another note, classes will be interesting. At least I can be assured Fiction 1 will be fun. Writing certainly is my second passion. Maybe for next year, I'll make 'write a full novelette' a top priority on my new year's resolution.
Knitting, apparently, has also become a fast hobby of mine -- no thanks to my awesome roommates. After finishing Chris's scarf (wow, weird to think I won't see him for 2 1/2 years...), I'll redo my Hufflepuff scarf... After that, who knows? Maybe make that scarf for Jennifer... or knit a blanket or something. Yeah. Or a sweater.
I love how Tuesday night makes it feel like the week's almost over - provided I have only one class on Thursday. It's a nice feeling, because I love weekends and I hate homework. C'est la vie.
Let's hope that next time I post, I'll have lost some pounds and gained some change!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment