Friday, April 3, 2009

week two already

It's the end of week two already. 14 days... it sounds long but in the run of things, it's a pretty short time. In three more weeks, midterms will be upon us. Then week seven rolls along, then after that is finals -- and finally summer break. Honestly, it's scary to think about it. This summer will be a busy one for me, I think. Between juggling friends, work, family, downtown and (hopefully) some illustration work... there won't be any time left for anything else.

But that's not for another eight weeks. I'll have to start thinking about it at midterms, but until then, I'll content myself with dealing with the hows and whats and whens of now.

It turns out that I got an A in Drawing II, though I thought I'd end up with a B. (I got the best grade I'd gotten in that class, a 94, for my final, which was a big chunk of the grade. Funny that I didn't spend all that much effort on it.) And then I ended up with a B in Composition, instead of a C. I'm not quite sure how, though, considering it said I had a 75% on Blackboard. I don't know what happened... maybe everyone complained on the course evalutions and because of that we got higher grades -- who knows. All I care is that I ended up with two B's and an A, once again making my GPA 3.33 for the quarter and 3.33 culumative.

In other news, classes are kicking in right away. I have a speech on Monday, a gesture drawing project due Monday as well, and a collaborative bridge due Tuesday. Even though today was Friday, I feel like the weekend is basically already over. Who said getting Fridays off would make things easier?

Maya (the third roomie) officially moved out last week, three days into the quarter. Jazz and I didn't see her; a family friend and an RA on duty came in and took her stuff away. So, what, you might ask, did Jazz and I do with this newfound empty bed? We rearranged, though it's pointless since we're here for only 10 more weeks.


Next yeark will be good, I'm sure, as far as rooming goes. I'm set with who I'm rooming with in Boundary (Meghan and co.), but I'm torn. It'd be such a blast to live with the other three friends (Jazz, Cass and Kristen), but I made a commitment that I'd be with Meghan, Elizabeth and Jennifer (all upper classmen). Oh well. I'll end up visiting the others all the time anyway - and granted, it'll be nice to have a place to sleep where I know for sure that everyone will be quiet and that I won't have to wear earplugs every night to block out music/noise/etc. Not that I "mind", but it'd be nice to not have to do that, yah?


I feel suffocated. No, not suffocated... cramped. Like I'm in a space that's too small to move around a lot. Knowing that I have eight weeks until summer which, up until now, has been a time for relaxation and the like, will now mean money-making and what else... I don't know. I've never done much future planning -- and I'm beginning to understand that maybe it isn't because I'm "unorganized" or not "forward-thinking" enough. I can think ahead and plan ahead... I just choose not to. I like keeping my options open, leaving enough room for the spontaneous to happen. I don't want to be tied down - and I won't technically be tied down, but there's a similar feeling when you know, hour by hour, what you'll be doing the entire summer until school starts again, and then the process repeats itself. Spontenaeity allows me the opportunity to pretend that things aren't moving way too fast for comfort.

But, I suppose, I'll live. As long as I get some good, ole lazing in the living room doing nothing time, I'll be happier than, well, me sitting around doing absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment