Thursday, February 19, 2009

- - -

Well. I wrote an entry a few days ago, but Firefox, for whatever reason, ate everything that I'd written - which was a considerable amount. At the risk of it happening again, I'll keep things nice and simple.

Classes are going alright; this quarter, esepcially now, is getting to be a little more difficult -- but hopefully that'll clear up, since we've recieved final project info sheets in two of my classes. Composition is a bomb; my professor isn't a very good one, and though I enjoy that all we do is watch movies, for once I'd actually like to hear a lecture. Drawing II is/would be pretty easy if I kept on top of things, but for as much as I procrastinate, I'm still getting a good grade. ("Good" in the fact that a B+ is pretty good for the professor I have, since he grades a little hard.) Color theory is pretty good too - and getting more interesting every day. I'm fairly excited for the final projects in both Drawing and Color, as they're open ended, something that normally doesn't fit well with me... but I have some ideas and I'm willing to explore them.

My social life is pretty normal; still consists of a small group, but they're fun, so who am I to complain about it?

I'm falling behind on keeping my galleries updated, but I'll work on it today.

I'm sorely lacking the imagination and the opportunity to do some original stuff... I miss being creative with myself, detached from assignments. It's saddening. Buuut, things could be worse.

That's all for now.

PS. Cass, a friend of mine, and I have had plant babies. Unfortunately, the original three, Heath, Veronica and Wilbur, are dying/dead. Veronica's almost there. To curb my grief, I bought a lucky bamboo plant with three stems -- three for good luck. The shorter two we'ved named Ling Ling and Lucy Lui; the taller one is Bling Bling... and will eventually have fake rhinestones attached. For Valentine's day, Cass got me a cactus -- as we'd been discussing the different kinds of kids we could have and where they came from. So, now, Pablo the cactus, for whom we will get a sombrero, is part of the family.

Heartwarming, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment