Friday, October 31, 2008

...and here we go again!

So it's been a while, hasn't it? What's happened in the world of Katie recently? Quite a bit, I suppose.

Last Friday (October 24th), was SCAD's Masquerade Ball. The costume I wore was made from scratch (or at least parts of it were). I got the material for the straight jacket two weeks before the Ball, and I was working up until that Friday to finish it in time. Aside from the many pokes I got from the needles, as I had to hand stitch the whole thing, and the slightly steep price (to the tune of about $60), I think it turned out pretty good. I ended up getting the rest of my costume and makeup at Wal-Mart. Not exactly the most flattering get-up, but it turned out pretty nice. I'll have pictures up when I get better ones (the current ones are all blurry).

The Ball itself was pretty cool. I, however, am not much of a dancer, and that's the whole point of going to a Ball... so it kind of defeated the purpose, aside from hanging around for two hours looking at the collection of costumes there were. Getting there was a lot more interesting, however. The whole day was raining, and unfortunately, as it got later, it started down pouring. By the time we were ready to go, it was like typhoon weather... but we decided to go anyway! So, long story short, we ended up dressing up in our (us being Will, Joe and I) shower curtains; Joe had my umbrella. Will was the best though; he went as Elmo (using a toddler's costume, at that), and to keep himself dry he put bags on his feet and over his head. It was greatly amusing... After we hung around for a while, we came back to the dorms.

What did we do when we got back? Laundry, of course!

With bad timing on the planning part (their's, not mine), there was a mask-making workshop the very next Saturday. Will and I went to it, and it was pretty fun, though we only made masks, not decorate them too. (Apparently, come next quarter, there'll be another workshop that includes both parts. I'll probably go to that as well.)

This week has been pretty much all homework, which I didn't do much of during the weekend. Today, of course, is Halloween! I might be going Trick or Treating and to a party later. At 4:30, I'll be registering for my classes for next quarter, and Saturday, I'm going for afternoon tea at a tea room here, which should be fun.

Anyway, I should be going. That's all for now! Expect new pictures soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment