Sunday, September 28, 2008

everyday life - end of week two

Week two at Savannah; has two weeks really passed already? It's remarkable - and makes me a bit uneasy. So, what can I say about these two weeks? They've been both incredible and unremarkable.

Between having only a handful of homework assignments over the weekend, going to the mall and attending the Gamers' Guild meeting on Friday night, this weekend has been pretty hectic. Friday was the Major's Fair (where I found out if I wanted to pursue a minor in Historic Preservation, Interior Design would complement my degree as a major), after which Joe and Will (two guys from two doors down) went to CVS, Kroger and a few of the halls to get stamps in our "Passports". (The passports are just that for our First Year Experience class, where we need to visit different halls and social/major/etc. events for stamps.) Saturday, we went to both Savannah and Olgethorpe malls and did laundry. Today was homework... and still is homework.

I think it goes without saying that I'm homesick without the sick part; I really miss Illinois... but not so much Illinois as I miss the people who live there. I feel a little disconnected from my friends, but I have the opportunity to contact them. I miss my parents as well, but I try not to think of them, because I know if I do too much, it won't be pretty.

Other than that, life at SCAD is, well, life. I could use a few more friends, but I've got a few contacts that I could ring up and ask over - when I have the time, and the nerve to do so. I spend most of my time with Will and Joe; they're really cool guys, and hilarious. I'm sure, if anything, they'll be my "best" friends for quite a while, hopefully more.

Food kind of sucks here at Cafe SCAD. The meat is fake, the bread is dry, the selection is questionable. (In retrospect, we did have some good food tonight: country fried steak and real potatoes.) It's edible, though, and better than Glenwood's food with the fact that there's considerable variety.



I'm really glad I decided to get a planner. I'd never remember anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment